Friday, February 5, 2010

Return of the Hitman





Bret "Hitman" Hart Returns to the WWE

Ok, Ok. I know I'm like a month late on the "Bret Hart Returns" wagon, but before I did not have an output to express my opinion.

After a 12 year absense from the WWE, during which he was screwed, his brother died, and the company changes names, Hart made his triumphant return to Monday Night Raw on January 4th, 2010. I'm a big Bret Hart fan, but it did kind of slightly annoy me that he had new theme music, his old one was classic.



compare




But it grew on me really quick. The first thing Hart wanted to do was get the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels out to the ring and ask him for an apology. The two began to kiss each others ass, talking about how good the other was before finally embracing. We all know how long thats been building up, and I'd like to wonder how they organized it before the show. If it were me I would've set the two down and told them to either settle it like men, or be done with it. Yes they hated each other, but if they're suppose to work for the same company thats what they would have to do. Afterwards Bret called out Vince, and at the end of the show Vince came out, and started kissing Bret's ass too. Now like I said I'm a BIG Bret Hart fan, but something makes me wonder if that was one of his requests for when he came back was to make the two of them apologize to him on national TV, which in retrospect isnt asking much considering the history between the three of them, but still I didnt think it was needed.

Then after it was over, McMahon kicked the crap outta him with a nut shot. Brilliant! I mean, if the rumors are true and Hart and McMahon are suppose to have a street fight at Wrestlemania 26, then well thats the only way to kick it off. But then the next few weeks they tease Bret's apperance until he returned again this past Monday, only to get the snot beat outta him by Batista and then spat on by McMahon.


There have been people on the internet saying that the only reason Bret was brought back on January 4th was to combat Hulk Hogan's TNA debut. Which I believe is just BS. The Impact show drew its highest rating ever, a 2. something while Raw drew 4.something I believe; could be wrong. However, I doubt that WWE actually cares about TNA as far as competition goes. But it was a fun night to be a wrestling fan. What does the future hold for WWE and the Hitman? Only time will tell. I'm hoping that Bret is able to slip back into the pink and black for Wrestlemania 26. He looks good for a man who suffered a stroke, and dosent seem to have missed a beat in a promo, but to see if he still can put together a match is a different story. I'd expect that the two to be brawling the entire time.

I'd hope too that they use Bret to get the Hart Dynasty over, I mean what easier way is there to do it? Only time will tell what Bret's future holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment